John Deere 450 B bulldozer clutch replacement

IBDozing Discussion Groups: John Deere: John Deere 450 B bulldozer clutch replacement

By Greg Ramsey on Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 9:22 pm:

I have the opportunity to borrow a John Deere 450 B bulldozer for the price of replacing on of the steering clutches. I was a farm implement mechanic and have the tools to do most any repair. Before I make this commitment I would like to know how many hours does it take to change a steering clutch, what will the parts cost, and is there any thing else to look for while you have the clutch apart. In addition, where is a good place to buy a technical manual? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Greg

By Brad Holmes on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 8:19 pm:

before you re install you pressure plate it is very important to assemble your discs in the steering clutch drum wiht your new /used pressure plate on the bench first and pre-set your finger hieght adjustment before you install it in the steering clutch housing. another thing you should check is throw out bearing shaft and bushings.I have all books and service info and all the used parts you should need.Brad holmes Salmon Arm British columbia Canada 250 832 5189 reliable rebuilders

By christopher chase on Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 11:17 pm:

have a 71 450-B crawler / dozer dry clutch. Need complete adjustment procedure and part measurement specs for reassembly. Need measurement specs for brake drum to refinish if possible to re-use. Also looking to purchase new brake drums.

By Joe Whinghter on Monday, March 14, 2011 - 6:56 pm:

What is the finger height suppose to be for a JD450B? My book notes a gage part number JD264 but I feel I could set them if I knew the distance measurement.

By the best seo service on Friday, September 06, 2013 - 3:44 pm:

jcTkuM Very informative blog article.Thanks Again. Much obliged.

By make money online on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 6:18 pm:

3gyLFu Really appreciate you sharing this blog.Really thank you! Keep writing.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: