JD 350 Reverser Leak

IBDozing Discussion Groups: John Deere: JD 350 Reverser Leak

By Pushin Dirt (65.56.242.7) on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 2:08 pm:

I have a plain JD 350 track loader leaking transmission oil. The lift hydraulics are not affected. When the crawler stopped moving, I noticed a lot of oil on the ground. It was in a bad place, so I filled the transmission up and it moved about 30 feet to a level spot before it stopped again. I jacked it up and took off the belly pan, everything was oily. So I cleaned it up as best as I could and put in some more oil. I ran it until oil started coming out of what would be the bell housing on a conventional tractor. Looks like maybe the input shaft seal? How big a job is it to replace that seal? Can it be done without removing the transmission? How big a job is it to remove the transmission? Is there anything else I should check? Any help would be appreciated.

By Rob B. (209.53.222.16) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 12:28 pm:

P.D.
The front input seal is leaking. That is common on all the 350's. The way to attack it is to remove the remove the rad guard assy and the engine. Deere made these easy to work on. once the engine is out you are looking right at the seal pressed in the front of the reverser pump housing.

By Pushin Dirt (12.27.24.2) on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 6:53 am:

Thanks Rob,
I am setting up to pull the moter now. Looks like it won't be as bad as I originally thought. Thanks for the reply.

By Pushin Dirt (65.56.240.173) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 5:51 pm:

Have the motor out, the seal was blown out. Should the input shaft have much sideplay? Also, the plate on the back of the flywheel turns about 35° on the springs. Is this normal, or excessive and should the springs be replaced?

By willie (198.81.26.104) on Monday, March 24, 2003 - 10:41 pm:

springs are cheaap change them now because if one breaks it usally gets caught up in flywheel

By the best seo service on Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 9:20 am:

IdGtzW Very informative post. Cool.

By online business on Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:31 am:

qSFgBX Awesome article.Much thanks again. Fantastic.

By make money online on Friday, September 13, 2013 - 10:03 am:

tELV2I Thanks a lot for the post.Much thanks again. Want more.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: