TD 6 Stearing Clutch removal - HELP!!

IBDozing Discussion Groups: IH ( IH, Dresser and Komatsu): TD 6 Stearing Clutch removal - HELP!!
   By Frank Sutherland (208.51.228.216) on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 7:46 pm:

I have a 1950 TD 6 with a bad steering clutch. I got it off a friend who had someone work on it and they took the clutch apart inside the machine. I was able to get the clutch mostly back together. The plates could go in aprox. another 1/8 inch. To remove the clutch assembly to put new fiber disks in (current ones were saturated with hydraulic fluid) do I need to take off the track and running gears to get the shaft out of the way to lift the clutch assembly out? I have found parts and need to get it going as soon as I can. Can anyone help me?

Frank

By AV (63.17.239.71) on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 9:11 pm:

I don't have anything with the exact procedure for removing the clutch on a TD6, but you don't have to remove the track. On the larger tractors you use a special tool, can try to get a picture, can be easily made, to compress the clutch then you lift the assembly out the top of the transmission housing. I will see if i can find something that tells exactly how you do it.

Adam Voght

By Doug Scalfaro (209.143.9.226) on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 6:21 am:

Go to www.binderbooks.com and buy the manuals. They give excellent procedures for steering clutch removal on a td9, so I'd expect the same for a td6. I need to pull both of mine on a 9 to replace the seals, but haven't got around to it yet. Good luck
Doug

By Frank Sutherland (64.209.31.201) on Sunday, October 21, 2001 - 8:53 pm:

I got the steering clutch out and dismantled it. I have a place to get the parts. I also ordered the books from binder books.com. Thanks for all who have helped.

Thanks

Frank

By Chris Jeppesen (148.78.249.10) on Saturday, December 08, 2001 - 11:12 am:

This is the real joy of IH TD's the steering clutches and the main engine clutch can be removed and replaced in the field. Right where she died.

By link building on Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 2:49 pm:

rKzMOD Im grateful for the blog. Want more.

By online business on Friday, September 13, 2013 - 4:06 am:

U6CPxR Thanks again for the post.Much thanks again. Keep writing.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: