Water in oil

IBDozing Discussion Groups: IH ( IH, Dresser and Komatsu): Water in oil

By alice may on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 2:17 pm:

Would like to know how water gets into the oil after we had the engine overhauled? It is a 1977 International 500c engine size 155 diesel. Would appreciate any help Thanks a lot. Alic May

By Bob Blue on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 6:01 pm:

Has it been sitting out in the rain, exhaust pipe covered, no rusted out areas on pipe and exhaust manifold that would let water get into head, 2. head gasket leak from improper head torque. 3. If it is a wet sleeve engine, damaged o-ring on sleeve to block seal. 4. If it has an oiler cooler, leaky cooler which will usually show oil in the radiator water when the engine has been running. 5. If it is wet sleeve and they were not replaced, pin holes in the sleeve caused by water cavatation in the block. A good site for IH dozers is " Red Power " the construction forum. In order to post messages, you have to sign and get a password. This is an older IH dozer site and there are several 500C owners and many good IH techs. Bob Ohio

By JAY COLLINS on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 10:17 am:

I THINK MY BRAKES ARE LOCKED UP ON MY 450 CASE DOZER, CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THEM TO FREE UP?

By alice may on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 5:29 pm:

can anyone tell me how much oil to put in International 500c dozer? Thanks

By Joel Bohm on Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 8:42 pm:

Jay Collins
If your 450 case has a steering brake chamber like the IH TD9/18 (dry clutches) do, plug all the holes you can with temporary fill, and fill the chambers about half full with diesel fuel. Drive the bugger back and forth about 50 yards at a time, alternating steering and braking. If the 450 has the same type clutch pack as the older ones, it will respond about a half hour after you start. Drain the diesel. The smell will disappear after the linings dry out.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: