EIMCO

IBDozing Discussion Groups: Other (Manufactures Not Listed): EIMCO
   By Art (208.32.99.178) on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 5:32 pm:

Is EIMCO still in business? The only picture I have ever saw of one working was taken in Viet Nam in use by the USMC. I bought a brochure on the machines on Ebay, and all I can say is what a strange looking layout.

By JD (151.199.123.31) on Wednesday, January 17, 2001 - 2:18 am:

If I remember correctly they were in business up until at least the past few years . The EIMCO machines that I remember seeing and I had the opportunity to work on one . I was working for W.L. Haley & Co. in Nashville TN . They had one I don't remember the model Number but it had about a 8 or 9 yard bottom dump bucket (Clam Style). The company was using it in a underground excavating job . The reason it stands out was that it had the air cooled Deutz engine in it and it was the first machine of that nature I had ever seen up close . This was in 1987 . It kind of put me in the mind of an oversized scoop (like the ones used in underground mining applications) . There used to be a underground equipment dealer in the area where I live that had the EIMCO name on their sign but the went under a few years back .

By jawquin (209.132.164.89) on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 11:50 pm:

I know two people that own Eimco dozers. I ran one of them the other day. It's a model 103mc. Its in great condition. I'd be glad to post some pictures of it. (If I can figure out how to.) I will take some photos of it in action. It's being used on my place to build a pond. I am also looking for any information on these machines. Anyone out there have one, run one, or worked on one? I know the military used them. I have came up with a few pictures of them being used in Vietnam. The one I am running is a '66. It's had a few mods made to it since it was built.

Thanks, John

By esom (216.146.105.77) on Monday, July 02, 2001 - 1:00 am:

John, A fellow by the name of Clay Roselle had two of them about 4 or 5 years ago. He is located in SW Montana on the Idaho border on I-15.
the last phone number I had was 406 276 3290. His address was Box 38, Lima, MT 59739. He knew some about the machines, but was unable to locate current dealers then.
Chas.

By seelwiseguy (198.81.26.104) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 12:54 pm:

I had a 103c with a 105 blade on it. sturdy little machine. Ran circles around a d-7 I was working with. If anybody knows where I can get another one, give me a holler

By Lilian (193.249.191.87) on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 2:12 pm:

Isn't it own now by Swedish Sandvik? I work for this company and I saw on the intranet links to Eimco mining equipment.

Link to Sandvik - Eimco

One of the Emco machine

Lilian

By David Knutson on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 5:40 pm:

We have Eimco dozers and many parts to sell. My father died and we are sizing down and do not have a need for the tractors or parts and would like to see them go to someone who loved Eimco Dozers like Dad did.

By harold on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:17 pm:

I have a eimco mc103 (M64) and have been using it on the ranch for 10 years.Just love this machine. Have several pictures I can post if anyone is interested. Just started having a problem with the track tension cylender leaking grease. Anyone know where to locate a manual or where I could obtain a copy of one; it would be greatly appreciated.
Harold

By link building on Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 7:43 am:

zJ8xpR I am so grateful for your blog. Fantastic.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: