TRACK ROLLER

IBDozing Discussion Groups: Allis Chalmers (Monarch, Allis Chalmers and Fiat Allis): TRACK ROLLER

By danl (68.88.56.79) on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 10:24 am:

Has anyone dissasembled a roller off of a HD5.
I have some rollers that are the type that have the puller threads and some that do not.I noticed some of my rollers are loud and thought I would try to replace the bearings.
Thanks
Dan

By Half Track (65.64.178.89) on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 5:29 pm:

Well, which style do you have. Standard-Heavy Duty-Bushing-Dura I don't under stand what you mean by puller threads!! I have D&A all types. HT

By tim (216.196.181.247) on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 6:12 pm:

Dan

Some are standard and some are heavy duty.
The standard come apart with jack screws.

By danl (68.88.56.79) on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 6:38 am:

What I guess I meant was some of mine have the jack screws and some don't. about half of them have the grease plugs in the end of the axle.
Can you take the heavy duty ones (that dont have the jack screws in them apart) and replace the bearings. Evidently bearings are still available.
I wanted to know if I would destroy the rollers by trying to take them apart.
Thanks
Dan

By A.D. Graham on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 8:37 pm:

I need a supply for used or aftermarket bottom track rollers for an HD-3 that I am restoring. Any help is appreciated.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: